Bomb Squad Called to Hospital after man Arrives with WWII-era Mortar in His Butt

A bomb squad was reportedly called to a hospital in England after a man arrived with a mortar shell stuck in his rectum.

Members of the 11 Explosive Ordnance Disposal Regiment responded to a call from Gloucestershire Royal Hospital on Thursday after the patient was admitted, reports Gloucestershire Live.

The Sun reports medics were fearful the mortar could possibly still be live and therefore could still explode.

“The 57mm mortar round was used by the Royal Artillery in the Second World War as anti-tank rounds, though it would later also be used by British tanks in North Africa,” reported Gloucestershire Live.

The length of the mortar, 170mm, is equivalent to 6.69 inches. The width of 57mm is close to 2.24 inches.

According to a source, the man was a collector of military memorabilia and somehow “slipped and fell” onto the round.

“The unnamed patient told doctors he ‘slipped and fell’ on the 17cm by 6cm armour-piercing projectile taken from his private arsenal of military collectables,” reported The Sun, which went on to say the mortar round was later discovered to be “inert” and not potentially harmful to anyone it was not currently inside.

The man was reportedly released from the hospital and is expected to make a full recovery.

5 comments

  • I “slip and fall” on my collection of ginger snap cookies daily. It’s not my fault that I chew and swallow them. BTW, Epstein didn’t kill himself and Brandon didn’t win that election. Oh, and Curtis Dunn didn’t cause that woman to run the stop sign and suffer the resulting death of her and her daughter (who was mercifully spared taking showers with her dad). Who helped Brandon spread THAT set of lies? AL-so, building 7 did not fall (in its own foot print) from office fires 54 minutes after the BBC reporter claimed that it had already fallen.

    • If you slip and fall on your cookies, you shouldn’t eat them especially if you fall on tnem with a naked butt!

  • poor little flamer trying to fix the hemroid problem??????

  • Old E.R. nurse here. Had a young man 42 years ago “who accidentally sat on a Coke Cola bottle at a party”…..and yes, it accidentally ended up in his rectum. Glad to say people seem to have become more responsible party-goers as time’s gone on. Haven’t seen that one, since. However, I did have another patient who somehow got a lightbulb stuck in same location. Very difficult surgery to remove. What a mess!
    I may be 40+ years older and wiser, but never surprised.
    Truth is more intersting than than fiction most of the time!

  • We once pulled a curtain rod out of a man’s backside. It was during a barracks cleaning and alcohol was involved. They x-rayed, but could not see anything dangerous on the end, but when the cod pulled it out, there was a plastic ball on the end! The plastic didn’t show up on the x-ray. One of the medics drew a picture of the doc, one foot on the man’s butt, pulling out a flag pole. It probably wasn’t very funny to the poor schmuck, but it had the ER staff rolling in the aisles.

Leave a Reply