Caution: Alec Baldwin returns to work

Alec Baldwin has noted how “strange” it is to return to a movie set just months after “this horrible thing happened” and he accidentally shot dead a cinematographer.

“It’s strange to go back to work,” the 63-year-old actor said Monday in his latest social media video diary from the UK set of “97 Minutes,” a low-budget air disaster thriller.

“I haven’t worked since Oct. 21 of last year when this horrible thing happened on the set of this film and we had the accidental death of our cinematographer, Halyna Hutchins,” he noted.

“I even still find that hard to say,” he said of the fatal shooting on the set of “Rust,” which remains under investigation in New Mexico.

“But I went back to work today for the first time in three and a half months,” he said, joking that it felt like he had forgotten how to act and “any of this nonsense” making movies.

Baldwin also lamented the inexperience of his latest crew, despite that being a complaint used in lawsuits over the deadly “Rust” shooting, in which he has also been named.

“Especially in independent film, where there are good people — there are very good people — but everybody’s chasing all the good people, and a lot of the best ones get gobbled up by projects that have more money. 

“When you have a very limited budget, you’re filling positions with people who are … who are good, but they are probably early in their career. And young. Everybody’s young,” he said.

“But I went back to work today — it was interesting. Interesting,” he said, adding, “I miss my kids … I miss them all.”

“Who knows what the future will bring. I hope good things,” he said, signing off with “Hasta mañana” after acknowledging his wife, Hilaria, who was previously accused of pretending to be Spanish.

Baldwin’s video came after he raised further intrigue during his stay in Hampshire after he was snapped with Martin Bashir, the disgraced BBC journalist who tricked Princess Diana into the explosive tell-all interview about cheating in her marriage with Prince Charles.

The former colleagues, who were both axed from MSNBC, were spotted together Sunday night at Mifta’s Indian restaurant in Alton, according to photos shared by DailyMail.com.

One comment

Leave a Reply